I set up a jar to stash my money in this morning. I paid myself for finishing #91 and #1. Though I only committed to pay myself $5.00 for each completed item (specifically, it was "at least $5.00), I only had a $20.00 bill in my wallet, so that's what I threw in the jar.
Perhaps I'll use my earnings toward #10.
The jar, which is a repurposed marinara sauce jar, is painfully unadorned. I must remedy that at some point.
I love lists. Shopping lists, ingredient lists, top ten lists, wish lists, to do lists, supply lists ... they all send a shiver up my list-lovin' spine. Especially if they are the sort of lists with items that beg to be checked off or crossed out. :::shiver::: Oh yeah ... that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Several of my friends are participating in this crazy 101 Things to do in 1001 Days Project and I have finally acquiesced. The allure of making and committing to such a mega list has proven too powerful to resist. I'm on board. It's on. My list is still forming, but my 1001 days starts today. My deadline?
I'm a 30-something year-old college student, vegan, animal rights activist, crafter, obsessive DIY'er, artist, student of the Morningstar Mystery School and Kali Vidya, and author. I meditate every day, make my own booze, and love zombies. You know, just the standard girl next door.
1. Finish this list (101/101) 2. Go to dinner and a movie alone 3. Participate in at least one Gimme Your Stuff swap 4. Go to at least six yoga classes - preferably at two or three different places (0/6) 5. Get down to a size 16 6. Get down to a size 14 7. Get down to a size 12 and reevaluate goals – decide whether to continue onto a size 10 or maintain 8. Rock my peacock belt buckle 9. Wear and possibly alter my prom dress (size 10) 10. Buy an outfit for myself from Stop Staring! or Pinup Girl Clothing! or both 11. Dress as Rosie the Riveter for Halloween – “We can do it!” 12. Dress as a naughty version of Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween … and work it 13. Try Thai food 14. Try Jamaican food 15. Eat only raw foods for one week 16. Spend a day at a spa with my Spa Finder gift certificate 17. Use my Bewell's gift certificate 18. Get something pierced - Vertical Labret? 19. Get or start half-sleeve tattoo 20. Take a picture of myself in Brad Pitt’s robe 21. Have my nose fixed ... again 22. Get my chipped tooth fixed 23. Whiten my teeth 24. Get a full physical 25. Go for at least two well woman check-ups (0/2) 26. Spend a day or an evening out dressed as a man 27. Dance like nobody is watching … when people are watching 28. Clean out 101 items from my home and donate or sell them (1/101) 29. Transfer to UCSD 30. Either relearn how to roller skate or sell my skates 31. Go on a 24-hour word fast (take a vow of silence) 32. Go on a TV fast for a yet to be determined amount of time 33. Hike Mount Woodson 34. Take surf lessons with Surf Diva Surf School 35. Send a post card to PostSecret 36. Go to at least seven concerts or plays (1/7) 37. Read seven banned or challenged books (0/7) 38. Watch 13 of Entertainment Weekly's Top 50 Cult Movies - ones I haven't seen yet (0/13) 39. Plan a 101 Things Done culmination party or write a letter to self to read December 31, 2010 40. For every item I complete, stash at least $5.00 away for something special for myself ($50.00 so far)
FRIENDS AND FAMILY
41. Do something to surprise my husband at least once a month (3/33) 42. Take my son to Disneyland 43. See my grandmother at least once a month (3/33) 44. Hang framed photos of my friends and family – make sure everyone’s represented 45. Host a tea party with a fun theme - like a Mad Hatter party 46. Host a dinner party with a fun theme - like breakfast for dinner 47. Host a slumber party with a fun theme - like a David Lynch-a-thon 48. Get friends’ and family’s birthdays organized and start acknowledging them
PAY IT FORWARD
49. Donate blood at least six times (0/6) 50. Volunteer for a cleanup with I Love A Clean San Diego 51. Finish my mom’s “grandma” scrapbook and give it to her 52. Adopt a shelter animal 53. Join a CSA 54. Leave a 100% tip for excellent service 55. Anonymously pay for a stranger’s meal or coffee at least three times (0/3) 56. Work on a Habitat for Humanity house 57. Protest something in public – hold a sign, march, etc. 58. Support something in public – hold a sign, march, etc. 59. Start composting 60. Build a sun oven 61. Get my husband to start taking five minute showers - his showers are so looong 62. Write and send thank you notes whenever I feel grateful 63. For every item on this list I don’t complete, donate $25.00 to xxxxxxx charity
64. Finish Sondra’s belly mask and cross stitch and return them to her 65. Finish Robbi’s altar 66. Cut the borders off one of my Crowley Thoth Tarot decks 67. Alter at least nine articles of my own clothing - t-shirt surgery, embroidery, fabric paint, etc. (0/9) 68. Photojojo Project 365: How to Take a Photo a Day and See Your Life in a Whole New Way (think I'll do this one in 2009) 69. Take a knitting class 70. Knit a sweater for myself 71. Learn to knit with double-pointed and circular needles 72. Refinish my dresser 73. Decoupage my bay window 74. Redo my kitchen in a Tarot theme 75. Take singing lessons 76. Play the piano at least once a week (1/143) 77. Learn to play the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah on the piano 78. Finish learning to play Moonlight Sonata on the piano 79. Write at least one song and share it with people 80. Make and hang a “No Soliciting” sign outside my front door 81. Create an Etsy store 82. Create and list for sale at least seven items to initially sell in the store (1/7) 83. Create a Lulu or Blurb store 84. Finish my cookbook and sell it in my Lulu or Blurb store 85. Self-publish a themed photography book 86. Go to three museums or art shows that I’ve never been to (0/3) 87. Transform my studio into an organized, comfortable space to be in - clean it out and clean it up 88. Make at least three pieces of art for my home (0/3) 89. Write at least three poems and share them with people (0/3) 90. Submit at least 36 written or artistic works for publication (2/36)
91. Become a member of the Tarot Mafia - aka The Divinatory Underground 92. Finish creating and teach a tarot class or series 93. Create a divination deck 94. Work through tarot certifications - 1) Tarot Apprentice, 2) Tarot Reader, 3) Professional Tarot Reader, 4) Tarot Consultant, 5) Tarot Master, 6) Tarot Instructor, 7) Tarot Grand Master (0/7) 95. Complete the 2-Year Feri Training course with Thorn Coyle 96. Write love letters to each of the gods of Feri (0/8) 97. Set up my Fey altar by May Day 2008 and complete it by May Day 2009 98. Set up my Ancestor altar(s) by All Hallows Eve 2008 and complete it/them by All Hallows 2009 99. Compile a BOSish collection of liturgy and information customized to my current spiritual practice 100. Attend Bay Area Tarot Symposium - aka BATS 101. Attend Feri Camp