Tuesday, May 6, 2008

5. Get down to a size 16

I've been feeling really ... ample ... lately.

I swear, I must be one of the only fat vegans on the planet.  Seriously now, when you conjure the image of a vegan in your mind, don't you think of someone fit and trim?  Moby.  Gillian Anderson.  Joaquin Phoenix.  Jennifer Connelly.  Tobey Maguire.  Emily Deschanel (the chic from Bones).  These are the bodies that come to mind when pondering what a typical vegan looks like because these people are vegan.  
  
Then there's size 18-wearing me.  I'm starting to get the feeling people don't believe me when I tell them I'm vegan.  I'm sick of feeling large and so totally not in charge.  Granted, I'm insulin resistant with PCO, which makes it extremely difficult for me to lose weight.  But it's not impossible.  For me it's all about eating smart and exercising regularly.  I have to do both.  I'm grabbing the reigns and slowing this ride down.  
  
I'm officially setting a date to reach this goal:
  
I will be a size 16 by July 18 (my next trip to Denver).
  
That is all.

3 comments:

kimz said...

That sounds like a reasonable goal. Good luck!
Are you drinking enough water? That can be a problem for most. Did you know that if you drink a half ounce of water for every pound you weigh per day (and change nothing else) you'll lose weight? Pretty cool!

Marni said...

kimz - Thanks for the note. I'm *so* not drinking enough water, but I'm trying to change that. I've received tips from friends on getting more water down and I'm also buying one of those fancy reusable water bottles, which should help.

Latharia said...

You can do it! Just keep your goal in your sights & forgive yourself for your slippage. It takes a long time to build new life skills/habits!