Friday, August 22, 2008

90. Submit at least 36 written or artistic works for publication: 1 of 36

My short story, Stall, won honorable mention in the For the Girls 5th Birthday Fiction Competition! Comments on my story are all the way down at the bottom of the page.

I'm so excited. It's the first thing I've submitted in years and the first piece of erotica I've ever submitted anywhere.   On top of that, this'll be the first payment I've ever received for my writing.

I won $10 and a one month membership to the For the Girls website. My story is scheduled to appear November 13.

:::happy dance:::

4 comments:

Latharia said...

Oh, now THAT is just too too cool! Congratulations!!!! :D I bet, just like Jim Butcher, your works will just get better and better!!!!!! :D

Jonah said...

I know I'm not into that girly stuff, but, do I get to read it? I mean, unless you think it'd be too much for me ;-)

Marni said...

Latharia - Thank you! Being compared to Jim Butcher is pretty cool. :)

Jonah - Sure, homey. I'll send it to you. I don't think it would be too much for you. I hear you can really take it. ;)

Ashley Ladd said...

Woohoo! Congrats. What a thrill.

You're just getting started.