Tuesday, April 22, 2008

40. For every item I complete, stash at least $5.00 away for something special for myself

I set up a jar to stash my money in this morning.  I paid myself for finishing #91 and #1.  Though I only committed to pay myself $5.00 for each completed item (specifically, it was "at least $5.00), I only had a $20.00 bill in my wallet, so that's what I threw in the jar.

Perhaps I'll use my earnings toward #10.

The jar, which is a repurposed marinara sauce jar, is painfully unadorned.  I must remedy that at some point.

4 comments:

Latharia said...

AWESOME!!! :) Doesn't it feel amazing to make progress??! :D

Marni said...

Indeed! Progress rocks. Especially when you earn cash for it (even though I'm paying myself). I keep the jar right next to my computer so every time I see it I'm reminded of my list.

kimz said...

That's a great idea!
Nice list!

Marni said...

Thanks, Kimz!