Sunday, April 6, 2008

The List

PERSONAL

  1. Finish this list (101/101)
  2. Go to dinner and a movie alone
  3. Participate in at least one Gimme Your Stuff swap
  4. Go to at least six yoga classes - preferably at two or three different places (0/6)
  5. Get down to a size 16
  6. Get down to a size 14
  7. Get down to a size 12 and reevaluate goals – decide whether to continue onto a size 10 or maintain
  8. Rock my peacock belt buckle
  9. Wear and possibly alter my prom dress (size 10)
  10. Buy an outfit for myself from Stop Staring! or Pinup Girl Clothing! or both
  11. Dress as Rosie the Riveter for Halloween – “We can do it!”
  12. Dress as a naughty version of Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween … and work it
  13. Try Thai food
  14. Try Jamaican food
  15. Eat only raw foods for one week
  16. Spend a day at a spa with my Spa Finder gift certificate
  17. Use my Bewell's gift certificate
  18. Get something pierced - Vertical Labret?
  19. Get or start half-sleeve tattoo
  20. Take a picture of myself in Brad Pitt’s robe
  21. Have my nose fixed ... again
  22. Get my chipped tooth fixed
  23. Whiten my teeth
  24. Get a full physical
  25. Go for at least two well woman check-ups (0/2)
  26. Spend a day or an evening out dressed as a man
  27. Dance like nobody is watching … when people are watching
  28. Clean out 101 items from my home and donate or sell them (0/101)
  29. Transfer to UCSD
  30. Either relearn how to roller skate or sell my skates
  31. Go on a word fast (take a vow of silence) for a yet to be determined amount of time
  32. Go on a TV fast for a yet to be determined amount of time
  33. Hike Mount Woodson
  34. Take surf lessons with Surf Diva Surf School
  35. Send a post card to PostSecret
  36. Go to at least seven concerts or plays (o/7)
  37. Read seven banned or challenged books (0/7)
  38. Watch 13 of Entertainment Weekly's Top 50 Cult Movies - ones I haven't seen yet (0/13)
  39. Plan a 101 Things Done culmination party or write a letter to self to read December 31, 2010
  40. For every item I complete, stash at least $5.00 away for something special for myself

    FRIENDS AND FAMILY

  41. Do something to surprise my husband at least once a month (0/33)
  42. Take my son to Disneyland
  43. See my grandmother at least once a month (o/33)
  44. Hang framed photos of my friends and family – make sure everyone’s represented
  45. Host a tea party with a fun theme - like a Mad Hatter party
  46. Host a dinner party with a fun theme - like breakfast for dinner
  47. Host a slumber party with a fun theme - like a David Lynch-a-thon
  48. Get friends’ and family’s birthdays organized and start acknowledging them

    PAY IT FORWARD

  49. Donate blood at least six times (0/6)
  50. Volunteer for a cleanup with I Love A Clean San Diego
  51. Finish my mom’s “grandma” scrapbook and give it to her
  52. Adopt a shelter animal
  53. Join a CSA
  54. Leave a 100% tip for excellent service
  55. Anonymously pay for a stranger’s meal or coffee at least three times (0/3)
  56. Work on a Habitat for Humanity house
  57. Protest something in public – hold a sign, march, etc.
  58. Support something in public – hold a sign, march, etc.
  59. Start composting
  60. Build a sun oven
  61. Get my husband to start taking five minute showers - his showers are so looong
  62. Write and send thank you notes whenever I feel grateful
  63. For every item on this list I don’t complete, donate $25.00 to xxxxxxx charity

    CREATIVE

  64. Finish Sondra’s belly mask and cross stitch and return them to her
  65. Finish Robbi’s altar
  66. Cut the borders off one of my Crowley Thoth Tarot decks
  67. Alter at least nine articles of my own clothing - t-shirt surgery, embroidery, fabric paint, etc. (0/9)
  68. Photojojo Project 365: How to Take a Photo a Day and See Your Life in a Whole New Way
  69. Take a knitting class
  70. Knit a sweater for myself
  71. Learn to knit with double-pointed and circular needles
  72. Refinish my dresser
  73. Decoupage my bay window
  74. Redo my kitchen in a Tarot theme
  75. Take singing lessons
  76. Play the piano at least once a week
  77. Learn to play the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah on the piano
  78. Finish learning to play Moonlight Sonata on the piano
  79. Write at least one song and share it with people
  80. Make and hang a “No Soliciting” sign outside my front door
  81. Create an Etsy store
  82. Create and list for sale at least seven items to initially sell in the store
  83. Create a Lulu or Blurb store
  84. Finish my cookbook and sell it in my Lulu or Blurb store
  85. Self-publish a themed photography book
  86. Go to three museums or art shows that I’ve never been to (0/3)
  87. Transform my studio into an organized, comfortable space to be in - clean it out and clean it up
  88. Make at least three pieces of art for my home (0/3)
  89. Write at least three poems and share them with people (0/3)
  90. Submit at least nine written or artistic works for publication (0/9)

    SPIRITUAL

  91. Become a member of the Tarot Mafia - aka The Divinatory Underground
  92. Finish creating and teach a tarot class or series
  93. Create a divination deck
  94. Work through tarot certifications - 1) Tarot Apprentice, 2) Tarot Reader, 3) Professional Tarot Reader, 4) Tarot Consultant, 5) Tarot Master, 6) Tarot Instructor, 7) Tarot Grand Master (0/7)
  95. Complete the 2-Year Feri Training course with Thorn Coyle
  96. Write love letters to each of the gods of Feri (0/8)
  97. Finish my Fey altar by May Day 2008
  98. Finish my Ancestor altar(s) by All Hallows Eve 2008
  99. Compile a BOSish collection of liturgy and information customized to my current spiritual practice
  100. Attend Bay Area Tarot Symposium - aka BATS
  101. Attend Feri Camp

NOTES:

  • Using this blog, I plan to document each item as I complete them - hopefully with a photo.
  • I reserve the right to change any of my goals if I decide they don't suit me anymore provided I replace them with something else.

4 comments:

Anchored Away said...

These look awesome. I'm going to have to steal a few of them for my own list. :)

Tina said...

Great List!

Marni said...

Thanks, ladies!

anchored away - gank as needed. :)

Latharia said...

Awesome list!!!! Good luck completing all of them!